- From the Menu Bar, Click Tools then Click E-mail Accounts
- Select View or change existing e-mail accounts then Click Next
- Select your Email account then Click Change
- Click More settings
- Select Outgoing Server tab
- Select the box beside My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Select Use same settings as my incoming email server
- Click Ok
- Click Next
- Click Finish
- From the Menu Bar, Click Tools, then Account Settings
- This will bring up the Account Settings window where you can click on Outgoing Server (SMTP) at the bottom of the list in on the left side of the window. Back in the middle of the window, select the appropriate outgoing server and click the Edit button.
- Make sure Authentication method is set to Normal password
- Click OK to close the SMTP edit window and again on the Account Settings window.
- From within Mac Mail Click Mail, Preferences, then Accounts
- Near the bottom of the window, look for Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP), click the drop down arrow and select Edit SMTP Server List…
- Click the Advanced button in the middle of the window and make sure Authentication is set to Password.
- Click OK to close the edit window